Venerable Ajarn Dtun Thiracitto
The teacher is very high compassion, cordially ask & answer problems. The temple is a very peaceful place to meditate.
Wat Boonyawad is the residence of Venerable Ajarn Dtun Thiracitto, a disciple of Venerable Ajarn Chah ordained by him in 1978. In the recent years Ajarn Dtun has frequently traveled to the West giving teachings. His monastery is situated to the east of Bangkok in the district of Chonburi. It is the 130th branch monastery of Wat Nong Pah Pong in Thailand. Usually there are 60-70 monks each year for the rains retreat.
- For Thai people, you can stay not over than 15 days. And foreigners cannot stay more than 1 month.
Please reserve for staying in advance 1 week.
- Those who are interested in practicing should contact the temple before 1 month.
- Stay up to 15 days at a time and you can return after 7 days.
- Do not enter the temple after 5 pm. No electricity.
- Please contact: 087-999-6154 at 9 am - 12 pm (only)
- Prayer stay: People who wish to stay in prayer must be those who used to come to the temple. And those should have some basics on practice because there are no formal programs. All those who go for reclusion, individually practice.
No permission to stay together because teachers want everyone to practice fully.
- In the cubicle, there will be only a bedroom and a bathroom. There is a pillow, blanket and mats. One should have a flashlight. Those should not carry more than necessary. The entrance to the house is quite far.
- Prayer arrangements: You can read at the temple.
- Here is a single meal at 9 am. The food can be returned to lunch.
And when it comes to food, it should be eaten because there may be ants or insects to disturb the food left.
How to meditate?
Anapanasati practice (Breathing Meditation)or depend on you.
It is recommended to take the motorway to Parn Thong checkpoint. Go to Ban Bueng - Klaeng line 344 and then run straight as map into km. 49 is more convenient.